I will be testing the D.H. Hill Library book retrieval system. This system is critical to student and their research.Therefore, it is important to note the flaws with the system as well as the difficulty of use since it is critical to the university.

I will be using a range of current and previous students with a varying range of experience in the system. I mainly want to compare how experience changes the speed and ease of using the system.

To conduct the test, I will take participants to D.H. Hill. At the door, I will tell them what book they need and then inform them that I cannot offer and aid or advice once we step through the door. The only thing I can tell them is the name of the book if they forget. I will then record them and the amount of time it takes for them to:

1. 1. Find the catalogue
  2. 2. Find the book

I will be paying attention to their behavior and facial expression as they work though the process.

To control the amount of knowledge each participant enters the test with, I will use one participant who has never looked for a book in D.H. Hill, one who has a few times, and one who never has but has been given a list of instructions.